Hi! This week I am part of the Leap into Books Blog Hop. As part of this hop, each and every blog will be offering a giveaway, many that will involve books. So if you are a book lover, this is the blog hop for you!
As a book lover myself, I thought it would be fun to share a list of ten books (or series) that I love. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end of my list for a $10 Amazon gift card so you can add to your own library 🙂
Now for my list. These books are like comfort food. When I want something to read and have nothing new, I grab one of these. I have read them over and over again. These books are old friends who live on my shelf (you know what I mean?).
1) Anne of Green Gables. L. M. Montgomery’s books take me to a time and place filled with unique characters. If you haven’t read the series (past the first book), I would highly recommend you do.
2) The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings/The Silmarillion. It was The Hobbit that first sparked my love for the fantasy genre. I also love The Silmarillion. Basically it’s the history book for anything Middle Earth.
3) Pride and Prejudice. Personally I think this is the best romance written. Girl meets boy. Girl hates boy. Girl realizes she was wrong about boy. Boy does everything to win girl back. Love it!
4) The Scarlet Pimpernel. I read this book for the first time a couple months ago and absolutely loved it. It takes place during the French Revolution (fascinating time period) and revolves around a mysterious man who, with the help of a group of young English noblemen, smuggles French nobility out of France.
5) Jane Eyre. A darker tale of love, but beautiful as well. It is about a young woman who has to choose between the way of love and the way of virtue. She chooses to stand by her convictions. At the end of the book, she is finally free to marry the man she loves who by then has paid the price for his past wrongs. A wonderful book about enduring love.
6) Mark of the Lion Series. Excellent three book series that takes place during the Roman time period right after the fall of Jerusalem. The story follows a young Jewish woman who is sold as a slave into a roman household. Great historical fiction.
7) Star Wars: Heir to the Empire series. There are many Star Wars books out there written by many different authors, but my all time favorite is this first series written by Timothy Zahn. If you want to read Star Wars, start with this series.
8) Harry Potter. I first began reading this series after the teens in my youth group were asking about Harry Potter. I love these books! J.K. Rowling has written an amazing world and deep characters.
9) Sherlock Holmes. Yep, I love the man of deduction. It always fascinates me how Sherlock Holmes is able to solve each mystery by seeing what we all see, but in a different way. Classic mystery.
10) Chronicles of Narnia. I could not end a post like this without mentioning C.S. Lewis and his stories about Narnia. I will say the books are better than the movies. So go read them.
So there’s my list. What are your favorite books, those whose covers are worn and pages are dirty, but you read time after time after time again? Please share in the comments. Maybe I’ll find a new love among your lists.
Now for my giveaway for a $10 Amazon gift card: Rafflecopter Giveaway
And don’t forget to check out the rest of blogs along this hop! Click here.
63 thoughts on “Leap into Books Blog Hop”
Thanks for the giveaway! Nice pick of books. 😉
Thanks for the giveaway chance! I am crossing my fingers. 🙂
I love the Anne McCaffrey dragon stories: all of the, Harry Potter, Dune first set best.
My copies of The Southern Vampire Series are pretty worn out. I am just now giving myself more time to read again, so I am sure I will be discovering some more great characters that I love to love.
This is a great list of books! I have a lot of the same favorites that are worn and torn. My copy of the His Dark Materials Series look very well-loved lol
I like LM Montgomery’s EMILY series, and Dave Bidini’s TROPIC OF HOCKEY…
Thank you so much for the giveaway! I absolutely love Amazon, so fingers crossed to win. 🙂
I have not read Scarlet of Pimpernel yet I will have to check that one out!
Thanks for the chance.
I love The Song of the Lioness Quartet but I don’t any of them. I fell in love with the Tortall Kingdom and so far I have enjoyed all of the other books set in the kingdom.
My favorite books are the Golden Compass series and Howl’s Moving Castle.
I have so many favorite books it is kind of ridiculous. But I honestly can’t help myself. So as I always do, I will list one of my older favorites, Harry Potter! And a new series that I just finished and fell head over heels for. The Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle!
Soooo… I’m in love with all the same books as you are. I think that means I need to read Scarlet Pimpernel ASAP, since that’s the only one on your list I haven’t read yet 😀
That’s a great list! Thanks for the giveaway.
What a great list! There are some I haven’t read, so I must go out and find them. Here are mine:
1. The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith
This was the first book I ever checked out of a library, and I returned to check it out again and again. It’s been more than 40 years since then, but I still love it just as much.
2. All Creatures Great and Small (and the other books in this series) by James Herriott
If I had to choose just one more book to read during my lifetime, this would be it. Herriot’s life as a young veterinarian in rural 1930’s Yorkshire is as far removed from my life as it can be, but his writing makes me feel like I’m there with him, reveling in the beautiful scenery, and sharing the charm, joy and hardships with the fascinating people–and animals–he describes in lively and affectionate detail.
Thanks for taking part in the blog hop – I added your giveaway to my listing – hopefully it will gain you some new followers! Best of luck to everyone! Keep on reading!
My favourite books would have to be those by Lewis, Tolkien, Anne Elisabeth Stengl, Jane Austen, Bronte… pretty much, classics in almost every genre. 🙂
My favorite is In The Shadow of Man by Jane Goodall. I’ve had it since the early 70s, I think. It taught me a greater respect for the great apes than I already had.
Have you read North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell? I think you’d enjoy it!
I love a number of your choices; I’d add in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, too.
Thank you so much for the giveaway! As for my favorite, it’s so hard to choose! I don’t know. As a little girl I loved the Inkheart series and the Warriors books. And now it would have to be the Shatter Me series and Eleanor and Park
Love your list of books! Thank you for the chance to win 🙂
Thanks for the chance to win!
Thanks for the giveaway and the chance to win!
I absolutely love the Harry Potter series, and the Lord of the rings trilogy is among my favorites too. I also liked The Hunger Games trilogy and Nation by Terry Pratchett very much.
Thank you for the chance!
Great list! Chronicles of Narnia are one of my fave series!
coriwestphal at msn dot com
Ooo, lots of excellent suggestions! I think I found some good books to check out 🙂 And thank you all for stopping by!
Harry Potter is definitely one of mine too! Thanks for the giveaway! 😀
Thanks so much for participating in the hop. I enjoyed your list too!
Thanks for this great giveaway. I love Harry Potter and The Hobbit. I also turn to these when I have nothing new to read.
Anne would be on the top of my list too 🙂
Great list! I’ve been wanting to read the Sherlock books since seeing the movies 🙂
A new favorite book of mine is a new one by a friend Melanie Crouse called Hidden Magic – check it out!
Thanks for the giveaway! There are so many books out there that I try to only read each book once!
Thanks for joining the blog hop! Always fun to check out new authors and dream about winning a gift card.
Loved your list of books! I am glad to hear that someone else has enjoyed The Scarlet Pimpernel. Thanks for the great giveaway.
Thank you so much for the giveaway!
I enjoyed your list of books, I found some I would love to read and share with my granddaughter, I would love to read more Star Wars books, and perhaps Anne of Green Gables, and Hans Brinkler and the Silver Skates, and she loves mysteries and would enjoy more old Nancy Drew Books, or Trixie Belden.
That is a great list. Thank you for the giveaway.
I LOVE books and have some I treasure but,honestly, I don’t re-read books. There are just too many out there I haven’t read. My daughter is different. She loves me to read her favorites over and over again.
Thanks for the giveaway 🙂
Thank you for this amazing giveaway! 🙂
like the book list thanks for the giveaway!
Thanks for the giveaway! 🙂
Love Jane Eyre but I haven’t reread it in a long while. I’ve reread Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series numerous times.
Harry Potter is definitely at the top of my comfort reads list! Thanks for the great giveaway!
Great list of books here! Thanks for the great giveaway
I love Harry Potter.
Thanks for the great giveaway!
I still have my old careworn copies of Anne of Green Gables!! I loved that series–it was like a YA soap opera, lol. I love anything sci-fi, paranormal, or urban fantasy. J.D. Robb’s IN DEATH series is probably my very fave series right now.
cc_clubbs at yahoo dot com
I look forward to reading your books and thank you for the opportunity to do so.
thanks for the chance. this is a great prize
I love a classic like Gone with the Wind or a fun set like Harry Potter! Thanks for the great giveaway!
Thank you for your giveaway!
Enjoying the hop!
Thanks so much and enjoyed your list and video
Thanks for the giveaway. My wishlist is pretty long so this would help.
I love harry potter
I love Harry Potter .